- Use mnemonic devices -These learning tricks, like acronyms and rhymes, make remembering lists and details easier.
- Do brain exercises – Brain exercises stimulate the pre-frontal cortex and improve memory.
- Avoid caffeine – Caffeine affects blood flow to the brain and can impede memory function.
- Eat brain foods -Nutrient-rich foods help with brain development and maintenance. Try eating more salmon, blueberries, and vegetables for starters.
- Increase your vocabulary – Learning new words not only exercises your memory, but it will also help you form and communicate your ideas better.
- Write, don’t type – Writing requires more time and concentration than typing does, which improves your chances of remembering the content.